Head of Engineering
Finix is looking for a highly-motivated, passionate individual to lead the technical team and help drive the product roadmap.
About the Company
Interested in exploring exciting opportunities in FinTech?
Imagine you’re a gig economy worker delivering groceries or offering rides to pay an upcoming bill or cover rent. After a hard days work you need your money fast. Unfortunately, like many contractors, vendors and businesses, you have to wait days before you can access those funds because you're restricted by antiquated payment systems like paper checks or the Automated Clearing House (“ACH”). With Finix there's a better way.
By utilizing the card networks and debit card rails, Finix’s “push-to-card” platform authorizes real-time fund transfers removing friction that prevents people, businesses and governments from moving money to each other in an efficient, secure and seamless fashion.
With over three billion consumer card accounts available in over 200 global markets, Finix’s technology is driving “push-to-card” enablement across a number of use cases including, B2B payments, loan funds disbursements, gig economy payouts, insurance claims, health care, gaming, airline claim settlement, government disbursements, P2P, cross border remittance, payroll and many more.
Our goal is to flatten the world by developing a next generation payments and banking platform that enables real-time disbursements directly to existing debit cards anywhere, anytime. Powered by an API-driven architecture, Finix's processing platform manages the entire payment lifecycle of push-to-card disbursements by consolidating risk management, compliance, reporting and reconciliation into one managed solution.
To learn more about our suite of payment APIs check out our developer docs available here: http://developers.finixpayments.com/
- Recruiting, growing, and managing an incredible 6 person team of driven engineers who have high expectations around code quality, ownership and impact
- Building an organizational structure and processes that set the direction of the engineering team and scale as we continue to grow
- Leading systems architecture decisions that ensure that our systems maintain high performance and availability while handling millions of requests per day
- Developing a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future requirements
- 4-6+ years of engineering management experience
- Significant experience as a software engineer with a deep understanding of building highly-available, distributed systems
- Passion for managing, building and cultivating highly functioning teams
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and dive into the code when needed
- Pragmatic about technology choices who prefers the right tools for the job over the latest trend
- Experience in the payments, related FinTech space or developing Hypermedia API preferred but not required
Our Tech Stack
- AWS, Docker, and modern devops